We participate in the execution of the construction works of the Blockade of Automatic Release with Single Canton (BLAU) with Centralized Traffic Control (CTC) for the Arahal - Fuente de Piedra section that extends along 86.4 km between the provinces of Seville and Malaga.
The project is under the direction of the Railway Infrastructure Administrator (ADIF), who has allocated a budget of € 9,030,689.15, and stipulated a work execution period of 18 months until full delivery in December 2021.
The objective that has been set for this work is to increase the capacity of the line and the regularity in the circulation of trains, as well as to improve the reliability of the facilities and a greater rationalization in the railway operation. For this purpose, the modernization of the line blocking system is being carried out, going from a Telephone Block (BT) to a Single Block Automatic Release Blocking system (BLAU), which allows the detection of the train on the way, by means of axle counters installed along the track.
In line with the modernization of the line, the following actions have also been carried out:
• Replacement of the mechanical interlocks by installing QASAR Q4 model electronic interlocks along the Arahal, Marchena, Osuna, Pedrera and Fuente de Piedra stations).
• Installation of field elements [signals with ground equipment of the ASFA Digital system (Signal Announcement and Automatic Braking), axle counters for the single block of the path, electric drives, signal telephony in all station input signals, the updating of systems with the new additions of the interlocks and track signaling equipment for the Seville Santa Justa and Córdoba control centers].
• Construction of the network of pipelines in stations and routes for laying cables. • Laying the cables for the signaling, security and communications installations of the different equipment to be installed.
• Construction of cabins or technical buildings for the interior equipment of the interlocks and locks, as well as for the communications and transfer of the corresponding equipment.
Type of project: Railway.
Ad Maiorem intervention: installation of railway signaling equipment, security, energy and telecommunications.
Location: Madrid, Spain.
- IBM Rational DOORS
- Microsoft Project
- Microsoft Visual Studio
- CENELEC - UNE-EN 50121: Electromagnetic compatibility. Parts 1 and 4.
- CENELEC - UNE-EN 50122: Railway applications. Fixed installations. Protective measures related to electrical safety and grounding.
- CENELEC - UNE-EN 50124: Railway applications. Isolation coordination. Part 1 and 2.
- CENELEC - UNE-EN 50125: Railway applications. Environmental conditions for the equipment. Part 3.
- CENELEC - UNE-EN 50126-1: Railway applications. Specification and demonstration of reliability, availability, maintainability and security (RAMS). Part 1: Generic RAMS processes.
- CENELEC - UNE-EN 50128: Railway applications. Communication, signaling and processing systems. Software for railway control and protection systems.
- CENELEC - UNE-EN 50129: Railway applications. Communication, signaling and processing systems. Electronic systems related to safety for signaling.
- Safety Integrity Level 4 (SIL4).