Networking has become an interesting dynamic that allows you to reduce search time and / or job placement, effectively managing your closest network of contacts. Various studies assure that around 80% of the job offers most valued by professionals in various sectors move through what has been called the “hidden job market”, with only the remaining 20% being made public through channels. traditional (social networks, web portals, print media, among others). But then, what is Networking? Why is it important? How to apply it?.
In simple words, we can define Networking as a tool for relating between people who have the objective of seeking concrete opportunities for collaboration. Among the most common we can mention the interest in creating and developing new business ideas, sharing information, looking for potential clients and looking for employment and professional development. The latter has gained great relevance for Networking and more and more professionals use its benefits, especially in a context that shows us a highly competitive, dynamic and diverse labor market.
In this scenario, the first step is to consider a contact strategy with each of the people and / or companies that are within our environment of professional interest, considered key to reaching that 80% of "non-public" job offers, and to propose proactive meetings in order to make clear our intention to search for a new professional opportunity. For this it is important to make contact with former coworkers, clients and strategic partners who previously know our profile and capabilities, as well as Head Hunters specialized in our professional field, have the updated Curriculum Vitae, a brief speech of personal and professional presentation , and a lot of predisposition.
An interesting attribute of Networking is its versatility to adapt to various spaces for socializing, which allows us to strengthen and increase our network of contacts at any time and occasion. In this sense, it will be very helpful to participate in events, professional associations, groups and social media forums among others that are deemed appropriate.
From Ad Maiorem we encourage a participatory work space in which professional Networking is part of our way of doing things. Do not stay out of this environment, where you can be in contact with the true professional actors in technology and innovation, put your skills and knowledge into practice and develop your professional career. We have a series of job opportunities and benefits that will take your skills to the next level. We will wait for you.
Your gate to the future!