The objective of the project is the creation of the platform for validation and authorisation of the SMS, and the development of automated test cases, documentation generation and managements of requirements and traceability of the Galileo security system, a programme which is under the management of the European Union Agency for the Space Programme (EUSPA) and the European Space Agency (ESA).
The SMS is a component comprising of two main functionalities:
a) Log Forwarding: logscentralisation from the various components of the element. It receives all logs from all the components and then undertakes a forwarding of these as required. The mission logs are received by the SMU-CU which monitors the operation of the rest of the components.
b) Monitoring: monitors the performance of the other components via the gathering the metrics of the other equipment. These metrics include data such as CPU usage, disk used, RAM memory etc.
Two functionalities have been implemented for key management, developed according to strict security specifications, guaranteeing a continuous and precise service to authorised users. Included among the most noteworthy features are the generation, distribution and management of cryptographic keys used by a variety of security modules within Galileo, the European radio navigation and positioning system, both at ground segment level and on-board satellites:
• Mission Key Management Facility (MKMF): functionality which manages access keys for Galileo satellite systems. Within this functionality are diverse components such as the SMU-CU (monitoring of components and routing of satellite signals), CMDB (approval of commands routed by the SMU-CU to the satellites), SMS (collection of equipment data), among others.
• Public Regulated Service Key Management Facility (PKMF): functions in the same way as the MKMF, but its objective is focused on the management of keys for Galileo's Public Regulated Service (PRS).
Project type: aerospace.
Ad Maiorem participation:
- Design and development of systems for the integration of aerospace mechanisms.
- Design, development and integration of the Galileo Ground Segment.
Location: Madrid, Spain.
- Enterprise Architect
- IBM Rational DOORS
- Robot Framework
- Galileo Software Standard (GSWS)